The KANFA Group of Companies undertakes engineering services, project support services and specialist services that provide Best Available Technologies to meet the specific requirements of the project or operations department.
- FEED and conceptual studies
- System design, cost estimation, review and optimisation
- CFD calculations (FLUENT)
- HYSYS simulations
- Commissioning and start-up
- Hook-up support
- Project management and other technical support
- Third party HAZOP management
KANFA Group holds unique knowledge based on a combination of theoretical and practical experience within primary separation and further treatment of gas, oil, water and solids as well as process performance optimisation for the Oil and Gas Industry.
KANFA Group combines comprehensive process knowledge and operational experience with expertise in state-of-the-art technologies.
- Process optimisation
- Performance verification
- Chemicals testing
- Process courses
(both new fields applications, modification, debottlenecking and capacity upgrading and tie-in projects)
- Feasibility studies
- Concept screening studies
- Technology solutions and assessments
- Independent design verifications
- Process simulations
Concept & FEED Studies
KANFA provides monetary and comprehensive study execution.
Based on extensive process and mechanical knowledge from years of experience in design, manufacturing, installation and start-up in the offshore world, KANFA can offer a wide range in disciplines and know-how.
For offshore project developments KANFA can undertake conceptual to FEED studies to analyse the various technical options, identify main process requirements based on clients requirements resulting in a high level interpretation of the required capital expenditures (CAPEX) as well as weight and footprint requirements.
KANFA also contributes with consultancy work, varying from initial field studies to offshore troubleshooting of process equipment.
As an independent company virtually uncommitted to technology, KANFA can participate in quotation work for both oil companies and contractors without any conflict of interest. We can perform 3rd party verification of technical solutions, specific equipment or design philosophies.
Studies - References
|Year||Client||Project||Scope of work|
|2006||Venture Oil Ltd / Sevan Marine, Norway||Pilot||Topside Design|
|2006||Statoil / Sevan Marine, Norway||Trestakk||Topside Design|
|2006||Pertra / Sevan Marine, Norway||Frøy||Topside Design|
|2006||Statoil / Sevan Marine, Norway||Snøhvit Oil||Topside Design|
|2008||Det norske / Teekay||Frøy, North Sea||Pre-FEED/ FEED|
|2008||Sevan Marine / ENI||Goliat/ Barentsea||FEED|
|2008||Flex LNG / Samsung Heavy Industry||LNGP1||FEED Study - FLNG Process Topside Design|
|2009||Det norske / SKDP||Frøy, North Sea||FEED - Complete Process Topside|
|2010||Flex LNG||LNGP1||Misc. Pre-FEED Studies - LNG FPSO Topside|
|2011||BW Offshore / Shell UK||Fram, North Sea||Pre-FEED - Complete Process Topside|
|2012||BW Offshore / Shell UK||Fram, North Sea||FEED - Complete FPSO Process Topside|
|2012||DEO Petroleum / EMAS Offshore||Perth, North Sea||FEED - Complete FPSO Process Topside|
|2012||Teekay Petrojarl||FPSO TK PT1, North Sea||FEED - Complete FPSO Process Topside|
|2013||Aker Solutions||Cat B Rig, North Sea||FEED - Well Test Modules|
|2014||TH Heavy Industires||Layang - FPSO Deep Producer 1||FEED - Complete FPSO Process Topside|
|2015||Yinson Production||FPSO Allan - Redeployment||Pre-FEED - Complete Process Topside|
|2015||Yinson Production||Ca Rong Du||Pre-FEED - Complete Process Topside|
How can we increase productivity and regularity on a long-term basis, and at the same time reduce the discharges?
- Increased oil and gas production within product specifications
- Reduced cost leading to lowest possible cost per produced unit
- Reduced maintenance downtime leading to highest possible regularity
- Production within ever tightening environmental requirements
- Optimise performance for systems and individual equipment
- Reduce chemical consumption and opex costs
- Life cycle analysis
Crude Oil Systems:
- Optimise separator performance with respect to residence time and interface levels
- Study the effect of inlet devices and other internals
- Study the effect of production chemicals, and select best performing chemical
- Identify and demonstrate the effect of problem wells
- Study the effect from solids and/or precipitated matter
- Residence time determination and study of fluid flow patterns in separators by radioactive tracer techniques
- Identify and address bottlenecks
- Study the effect of recirculated streams on separation efficiency
- Establish functional requirements for new process equipment
Produced Water Systems:
- Optimise separator operations with respect to produced water quality
- Optimise performance
- Test and select the best performing chemicals, including tuning of dosage rate
- Study the effect of solids and/or precipitated matter
- Identify and demonstrate the effect of problem wells/choke valves with respect to produced water quality
- Testing of alternative solutions for produced water treatment
- Study the effect of recirculated streams on produced water quality
- Testing and analysis of produced water with respect to reinjection
Offshore troubleshooting, optimisation and testing:
- Troubleshooting in situations with acute and critical process interruption
- Optimisation of gas, oil, water and sand systems
- Process improvement
- Chemical optimisation
- Evaluation and optimisation of working routines
- Testing of separation equipment
- Control system optimisation
- Optimise separator operations with respect to residence time and gas/liquid level
- Study the effect of antifoam chemicals, and select the best performing chemical
- Study the effect from gas slugging wells on separation
- Quantification of liquid carry-over in separators and scrubbers
- Liquid build-up and short-circuiting in scrubbers and absorbers
- Glycol regeneration systems (MEG/TEG)
Sand Treatment and Handling Systems:
- Solid deposits verification and effect of jetting
- Obtain relevant information of better solids treatment
- Sampling and analyses (qualitative and quantitative)
- Equipment testing for separation / removal / cleaning of solids
- Our knowledge and wide background from offshore troubleshooting is of great advantage within modification projects
- Together with our field experience we can supply engineering and different types of process simulations
Our knowledge is based on experience from troubleshooting oil and gas fields in the North Sea (Norway, UK, Denmark), the Gulf of Mexico, Alaska, Venezuela, China, Australia and more.
It is likely that we have run into something similar to your problem before!
- Neutron Backscatter – Scanning which gives information about the different phases inside the separator (gas, foam, oil, emulsion, water and solids). The principle is based on moderated neutron radiation caused by hydrogen based medium, on which the disintegrated radiation can be quantified regarding the measured phase.
- Droplet size analyser (Malvern) – Determination of the size distribution of oil droplet in water and water droplets in oil/emulsion by use of laser diffraction.
- MTS (Mini Test Separator) – Evaluates separability of water-in-oil emulsions. The sample can be evacuated in the MTS-unit without exposing the fluids to shear force, and separated water can be quantified as a function of time (and pressure).
- Hotspin – Temperature controlled centrifuge for water-in-oil-measurements (BS&W) and verification of emulsion stability. The MTS can also be used as sample preparation and catchment equipment for solids in liquid flows.
- Test unit produced water – Evaluation and testing of produced water solutions
- Other produced water technologies
- Tracer – Tracer injection and detection equipment for RTD and carry over quantification (with IFE).
- Thermography – Thermo scan of separators, pipelines and process equipment by use of infrared camera.
- HPST (High Pressure Separability Testing) – To predict life cycle analysis performance changes caused by horizantal drilling, deep water, tie-ins etc.
KANFA offers 3rd party Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) Studies for Process Safety and Risk Management. Within KANFA’s organisation you will find experienced process engineers educated and trained for HAZOP management.
HAZOPs are performed for most clients active in the Norwegian marketplace, as well as international clients.
KANFA can provide full HAZOP teams with leader and scribe.
Heavy Oil Expertise
Through the years KANFA has picked up extensive experience with heavy oil. Below are some of the fields we have worked on:
|BP||Venezuela - Pedernales||13.5|
|Texaco||Midway Sunset Califorina||8|
|Texaco||Kern County Califoria||8|
|ConocoPhilips||Bohai Bay, China||11 - 15 - 17- 21 oils|
|EnQuest||Kraken (EPC Separators & Study)||13.5|
|Pemex||KMZ (EPC Complete Topside)||14|
|Pemex||Littorale Tobasco EWT||8-12|
Increased understanding of separation process and equipment for production personnel and process engineers.
Based on request from the oil industry, KANFA Mator has prepared seminars that are custom-made to meet the day-by-day challenge for offshore personnel working with gas/oil/water production.
Seminars focusing on separation challenges are custom-made for the clients’ production facilities:
- Transport of fluids from the reservoir to top-side.
- Choke valve operation and how they influence on separation.
- Two- or three-phase separators; inlet section, level- and interface control, residence time and coalescing internals.
- Electrostatic coalescers.
- Production chemicals; how they work and how to optimise.
- Produced water treatment.
- Experience and operation of the separation system on the specific platform.
- Proposal and interchange of experience on how to address process stages/units causing problems, and possible corrective actions.
The platform specific section has proven to be particularly useful in giving the background for the process design at the specific platform, link between the separation theory and observed experience and how regularity and efficiency can be improved.
- Process technicians
- Production superintendents
- Process engineers